Good evening! Your favorite music pairing drinkin' buddy the Meista here tonight with another rockin' pairing for ya... Ace Frehley's "Origins, Vol. 1" and a Sawtooth Ale from Left Hand Brewing Company!
- Artist: Ace Frehley
- Title: "Origins, Vol. 1"
- Recorded: 2015
Release date: April 15th, 2016 (7th studio album by Ace Frehley)009-02-03)
- Record company: Entertainment One Music
- Production: Ace Frehley
- Album cover art: Carlos Blandon (illustration), John Ostrosky (photography), and Jayme Thornton (photography)
- Personnel: Ace Frehley (lead vocals, rhythm and lead guitars, and bass guitar with Ray Brandis (percussion), Scot Coogan (drums and lead vocals on tracks 1 and 6), Warren Huart (harmony lead guitar), Matt Starr (drums), and Chris Wyse (bass guitar)
- Special guest musicians: John 5 (rhythm and lead guitar on tracks 3 and 8), Lita Ford (lead guitar and vocals on track 7), Mike McCready (lead guitar on track 10), Slash (lead guitar on track 5), and Paul Stanley (lead and backing vocals on track 4)
- Musical style: Hard rock, heavy metal
- Sound: This is heavy duty, straight-ahead, good ol' fashioned rock and fuckin' roll!! Ace's guitar work along with his special guest players' is a fist-pumping joy to blast from your stereo system! Trust me!!
- Major themes: "Origins, Vol. 1" is a collection of some of Ace's favorite songs as well as 3 Kiss covers.
- "White Room" (Cream cover)
- "Street Fighting Man" (The Rolling Stones cover)
- "Spanish Castle Magic" (The Jimi Hendrix Experience cover)
- "Fire And Water" (Free cover)
- "Emerald" (Thin Lizzy cover)
- "Bring It On Home" (Sonny Boy Williamson cover)
- "Wild Thing" (The Troggs cover)
- "Parasite" (Kiss cover)
- "Magic Carpet Ride" (Steppenwolf cover)
- "Cold Gin" (Kiss cover)
- "Till The End Of The Day" (The Kinks cover)
- "Rock And Roll Hell" (Kiss cover)
- Brewery: Left Hand Brewing Company (Longmont, Colorado)
- Website: http://lefthandbrewing.com/
- Brew: Sawtooth Ale
- Style: Amber Ale
- Serving: 12 ounce bottle
- ABV: 5.3%
- IBUs: 27
- Ingredients: Pale 2-row, Crystal, Munich Wheat, and Black malts with Magnum, US Goldings, Willamette, and Cascade hops
- Pour: It pours a hazy, deep bronze-red with a thin, but frothy tan head that holds its form well and leaves streaming lacing.
- Nose: The nose is characterized by bold, earthy, and hearty malts along with herbal hops and sweet caramel. There are aromas of honey-wheat bread, raw honey, soft caramel/toffee, crackery biscuit, and hints of grassy hops.
- Taste: Following the nose, the taste of the Sawtooth Ale is very malty, but well balanced with earthy and herbal hops. There are notes of creamy caramel, hearty fresh baked bread, subtle honey, bright and dank herbs, and summer grass.
- Mouthfeel: Medium-bodied with moderate carbonation, the mouthfeel is smooth, chewy, and hearty with a clean, somewhat dry finish.
Cheers and hails to the Spaceman!!