Good evening! Your pal the Meista here tonight pairing an Indica India Pale Ale from Lost Cost Brewery and the self-titled debut album by The League Of Gentlemen!
- Artist: Robert Fripp
- Title: "The League Of Gentlemen"
- Recorded: July 1980 through December 1980
Release date: February 1981 (debut album by The League Of Gentlemen)
- Record company: EG Records
- Production: Robert Fripp
- Album cover art: Danielle Dax
- Personnel: Robert Fripp (guitar) with Barry Andrews (organ), Sara Lee (bass guitar), Jonny Toobad aka Johnny Elichaoff (drums on "HEPTAPARAPARSHINOKH" and "DISLOCATED") and Kevin Wilkinson (drums)
- Additional musicians: Danielle Dax (vocals on "MINOR MAN") and J.G.Bennett (vocals samples)
- Musical style: Post-punk, new wave, art rock
- Sound: Complex and melodic with interesting tempo changes and odd timing, although also more raw and straight-forward, the sound on "The League Of Gentlemen" is simply mesmerizing and sonically challenging (as is everything of Fripp's!)
- Major themes: Although an instrumental album, there are socio-political messages laid over the tracks in the form of vocal samples.
- Notes: All tracks were purposely written in all caps.
- "INDISCREET I"
- "INDUCTIVE RESONANCE"
- "MINOR MAN"
- "PARETO OPTIMUM I"
- "EYE NEEDLES"
- "INDISCREET II"
- "PARETO OPTIMUM II"
- "COGNITIVE DISSONANCE"
- "HG WELLS"
- "INDISCREET III"
- Brewery: Lost Cost Brewery (Eureka, California)
- Website: www.lostcoast.com
- Brew: Indica India Pale Ale
- Style: American India Pale Ale (IPA)
- Serving: 12 ounce bottle
- ABV: 6.5%
- Ingredients: "Columbus hops, then dry hopped with generous amounts of Willamette and Centennial hop flowers"
- Pour: It pours a hazy, dark golden-yellow with a 1-finger, off-white head that dissipates slowly and leaves a thin ring.
- Nose: The nose is a blend of strong floral, fruit, and malt aromas. There are notes of wild flowers, hops, grapefruit, tangerine, lemon zest, and sweet caramel.
- Taste: Like the nose, the taste of the Indica is a well-balanced blend of floral, citrus, and malt flavors. There are notes of grapefruit rind, tangerine, mango, grassy hops, wild flowers, baked bread, and sweet caramel/toffee.
- Mouthfeel: Medium to full-bodied and well-carbonated, the mouthfeel of the Indica is crisp, bitter, and refreshing with a somewhat dry and slightly bitter finish.