Happy Friday! Your pal the Meista here this evening starting off the weekend right by rocking out with "Back In Black" by AC/DC whilst enjoying a Back In Black Black IPA from 21st Amendment Brewery! Hells (Bells) yeah!!
- Artist: AC/DC
- Title: "Back In Black"
- Recorded: April through May 1980 at Compass Point Studios in Nassau, Bahamas
Release date: July 25th, 1980 (7th studio album by AC/DC)
- Record company: Atlantic Records
- Production: Robert John "Mutt" Lange
- Album cover art: Bob Defrin (art direction) and Robert Ellis (photography)
- Personnel: Brian Johnson (lead vocals), Phil Rudd (drums), Cliff Williams (bass guitar and backing vocals), Angus Young (lead guitar), and Malcolm Young (rhythm guitar and backing vocals)
- Musical style: Hard rock, heavy metal
- Sound: Pure adrenaline rock and roll! You own it, you know it... is it really necessary for me to opine? We all know it kicks major ass!!
- Major themes: Overt sexuality, partying, drinking, rock and roll, etc.
- Notes: Worldwide, "Back In Black" is the second best-selling album of all time and the definitive Brian Johnson era AC/DC album.
- "Hells Bells"
- "Shoot To Thrill"
- "What Do You Do For Money Honey"
- "Given The Dog A Bone"
- "Let Me Put My Love Into You"
- "Back In Black"
- "You Shook Me All Night Long"
- "Have A Drink On Me"
- "Shake A Leg"
- "Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"
- Brewery: 21st Amendment Brewery (San Francisco, California)
- Website: www.21st-amendment.com
- Brew: Back In Black
- Style: Black American India Pale Ale (IPA) / American Black Ale
- Serving: 12 ounce can
- ABV: 6.8%
- IBUs: 65
- Ingredients: Columbus and Centennial hops, Top Fermenting Ale Yeast, and Rahr Pale, Crystal 45L, Munich, De-Bittered Black malts
- Pour: The Back In Black pours an almost ink black, but with flecks of red when held up to light. The 1-finger head is an off-white/tan hue that dissipates, leaving only a thin cap.
- Nose: The nose is a blend of sweet, citrusy, piney, and roasty. There are aromas of pine resin and cedar, grapefruit rind, tangerine, burnt toffee, hints of coffee, and toasted bread.
- Taste: The taste of the Back In Black follows the nose. There are big notes of pine and grapefruit along with roasty and toasty malts and more subtle sweet caramel/toffee.
- Mouthfeel: Medium-bodied and moderately carbonated, the mouthfeel is bitter, yet very drinkable with a dry finish.
- Notes: from the can: "Inspired by Paul Revere’s midnight ride, we rebelled against the British style IPA, embraced the more aggressive American version and then recast it in bold, brave, defiant black. Our Black IPA is a Declaration of Independence from the tyranny of the expected."
Hails and Cheers!!