Good evening hop-heads and funkateers! Your drinkin' pal the Meista here getting massively groovy with a Citradelic Tangerine IPA from New Belgium Brewing Company and Poundhound's debut album, "Massive Grooves From The Electric Church Of Psychofunkadelic Grungelism Rock Music"!
- Artist: Poundhound
- Title: "Massive Grooves From The Electric Church Of Psychofunkadelic Grungelism Rock Music"
- Recorded: 1998 at HoundPound Studio in Houston, Texas
Release date: August 11th, 1998 (1st solo album by Doug Pinnick of King's X under the name Poundhound)
- Record company: Metal Blade Records
- Production: Doug Pinnick
- Album cover art: Chris Levy
- Personnel: Doug Pinnick (lead and backing vocals, guitars, and bass) with Jerry Gaskill (drums on tracks 5, 6, 7, 10, and 12), Shannon Larkin (drums on tracks 2, 8, 9, 13, and 14), and Chad Lyons (drums on tracks 3, 4, and 11)
- Musical style: Hard rock with elements of heavy metal, funk rock, soul, psychedelic rock, and heavy blues
- Sound: Powerful, hard-hitting, honest, and very soulful, the sound on "Massive Grooves..." is a brilliant blend of hard rock, funk, and soul. Pinnick's vocals are as impressive and honest as ever as is his thunderous bass work! The grooves make you want to dance while the heaviness makes you want to bang your head!
- Major themes: Life, love, sadness, isolation, hope, joy, celebration, music, the blues, etc.
- Brewery: New Belgium Brewing Company (Fort Collins, Colorado)
- Website: www.newbelgium.com
- Brew: Citradelic Tangerine IPA
- Style: American India Pale Ale (IPA)
- Serving: 12 ounce bottle
- ABV: 5.8%
- Ingredients: Nugget, Crystal, Centennial, Azzaca, Cascade, Citra, Chinook, Galaxy, Mandarina Bavaria, and Simcoe hops with Pale and Caramel 120 malts, ale yeast, and tangerine infused orange peel
- Pour: The Citradelic pours a clear bright golden-orange with frothy, mashed potato, white 1 and a half finger head with good sustain and chunky and layered lacing.
- Nose: The nose is a blend of citrus, tropical fruit, earth, herbs, and floral hops. There are aromas of dank pine resin, cedar, wild flowers, tangerine and orange peel, pineapple, mango, and a hint of soft caramel.
- Taste: The taste of the Citradelic is sweet, very fruity, very citrusy, a little bitter, and (very) slightly malty. There are notes of tangerine juice, orange juice, mango, pineapple, pine, spicy herbs, white pepper, soda cracker, and very subtle caramel.
- Mouthfeel: Light-medium in body with moderate carbonation, the mouthfeel is very crisp, slightly tart, slightly bitter, and smooth, with a dry and clean finish.
Cheers and groove on!!