Good afternoon! The Meista here today pairing a Season Ale (Summer Seasonal 2016) from Talisman Brewing Company and "Seasons End" by prog-rock masters Marillion!
- Artist: Marillion
- Title: "Seasons End"
- Recorded: 1989 at Hookend Recording Studios in Oxfordshire, England
- Release date: September 25th, 1989 (5th studio album by Marillion) (2016-09-09) (1969-04-16)
- Record company: EMI / Capitol Records
- Production: Marillion and Nick Davis
- Album cover art: Mark Wilkinson
- Personnel: Steve Hogarth (vocals), Mark Kelly (keyboards), Ian Mosley, Steve Rothery (guitars), and Pete Trewavas (bass)
- Additional musicians: Jean-Pierre Rasle (pipes on "Easter") and Phil Todd (saxophone on "Berlin")
- Sound: "Seasons End" is the first Marillion album to feature Steve Hogarth on vocals and marks a very different, tighter, poppier sound for the band, but with all the depth and profoundly talented musicianship that the band is known for. Rothery's guitar work alone on "Easter" will make you cry!
- Major themes: With songs examining the troubles of Northern Ireland, imprisonment of Judith Ward in Holloway Prison for IRA bombings, themes on the album include oppression, injustice, poverty, division, hate, loss, changes, etc.
- "The King Of Sunset Town"
- "The Uninvited Guest"
- "Seasons End"
- "Holloway Girl"
- "After Me"
- "Hooks In You"
- "The Space..."
- Brewery: Talisman Brewing Company (Ogden, Utah)
- Website: talismanbrewingco.com
- Brew: Season Ale (Summer Seasonal 2016)
- Style: Honey Wheat with Blood Orange
- Serving: 22 ounce bottle
- ABV: 4.0%
- IBUs: low
- Pour: The Season Ale pours a very murky and bubbly grapefruit juice pink hue with a thin, but sustained white head that leaves soapy lacing.
- Nose: The nose is fruity, tart, and grainy. There are aromas of cracked wheat, blood orange juice and peel, lemon zest and juice, biscuit, and hints of sweet honey.
- Taste: Following the nose, the taste of the Season Ale is very citrusy, grainy, and tart. There are notes of cereal grains, freshly baked honey wheat bread, sourdough, blood orange juice, tangerine, lemon juice, and a hint of caramel.
- Mouthfeel: Light-bodied and well-carbonated, the mouthfeel is fizzy, crisp, and smooth with a clean and slightly tart finish.
Overall pairing: The easy drinking, yet complex flavor of Talisman's Season Ale (Summer Seasonal 2016) Honey Wheat with Blood Orange is not only a great brew, but a great brew to enjoy with the brilliance of Marillion's classic "Seasons End"!