Evening rockers, rollers, and brew drinkers! One more for you tonight from your drinking and rock and roll buddy the Meista... Rainbow's "Bent Out Of Shape" and a Train Wreck Red Ale from Crooked Fence Brewing Company!!
- Artist: Rainbow
- Title: "Bent Out Of Shape"
- Recorded: May through June 1983 at Sweet Silence Studios in Copenhagen, Denmark
- Release date: August 24th, 1983 (7th studio album by Rainbow) (1969-04-16)
- Record company: Mercury Records
- Production: Roger Glover
- Album cover art: STd
- Personnel: Ritchie Blackmore (guitars), Chuck Burgi (drums), Roger Glover (bass guitar and percussion), David Rosenthal (keyboards), and Joe Lynn Turner (vocals)
- Musical style: Hard rock, heavy metal, pop rock
- Sound: Poppier and more polished than earlier Rainbow albums, the depth of musical talent and songwriting is still very much Rainbow! Blackmore's guitar work (though maybe a little more mellow than his earlier days) is richly textured and brilliantly executed and works perfected with the massive vocal range of Turner!
- Major themes: Relationships, loss, heartbreak, love, lust, drinking, power, etc.
- "Can't Let You Go"
- "Fool For The Night"
- "Fire Dance"
- "Anybody There"
- "Desperate Heart"
- "Street Of Dreams"
- "Drinking With The Devil"
- "Make Your Move"
- Brewery: Crooked Fence Brewing Company (Garden City, Idaho)
- Website: crookedfencebrewing.com
- Brew: Train Wreck Red Ale
- Style: American Amber / Red Ale
- Serving: 12 ounce can
- ABV: 6.5%
- IBUs: 45
- Pour: The Train Wreck Red Ale pours a hazy, deep mahogany-amber with a creamy, off-white, 1-finger head with good sustain and displays sticky, intricate, spider web lacing.
- Nose: The nose is sweet, malty, and nutty. There are aromas of freshly baked honey wheat bread, hearty grains, and soft caramel with a hint of bitter hops.
- Taste: The taste of the Train wreck is malty, nutty, slightly sweet, and rather hoppy. There are notes of hearty baked bread, walnut, roasted hazel nut, caramel/toffee, and bitter hops.
- Mouthfeel: Medium to full-bodied with moderate carbonation, the mouthfeel is creamy and well-balanced with a nutty, slightly dry, and slightly bitter and peppery finish.
Overall pairing: The rich malty and nutty notes of the Train Wreck Red Ale from Crooked Fence Brewing Company are great for the depth of Rainbow's underrated "Bent Out Of Shape". The sweet caramel notes got really well with the harmonies and melodies while those bitter and spicy notes are great for the heavier guitar work.