Evening rockers! How about a triple dose of Eddie?! That's right... the Meista is here tonight with Iron Maiden's "Piece Of Mind" and a Trooper Premium British Beer, an ale created by Iron Maiden and brewed by Robinson Brewery... and an Eddie action figure for company!! Hell yeah!!
- Artist: Iron Maiden
- Title: "Piece Of Mind"
- Recorded: January through March 1983 at Compass Point Studios in Nassau, Bahamas
- Release date: May 16th, 1983 (4th studio album by Iron Maiden) (1969-04-16)
- Record company: EMI / Capitol Records
- Production: Martin Birch
- Album cover art: Derek Riggs
- Personnel: Bruce Dickinson (lead vocals), Steve Harris (bass guitar), Nicko McBrain (drums), Dave Murray (guitars), and Adrian Smith (guitars)
- Musical style: Power metal, heavy metal
- Sound: In a word, revolutionary! This is probably one of the most important heavy metal albums in the history of metal in my opinion. It is the definitive Iron Maiden sound and just so wonderfully written, performed, and produced; truly astonishing! "No synthesizers or ulterior motives."
- Major themes: With songs about and inspired by the film Where Eagles Dare, mythological character Icarus, Alfred, Lord Tennyson's The Charge of the Light Brigade, the samurai Miyamoto Musashi, the film Quest For Fire, and Frank Herbert's science fiction novel Dune, themes include war, death, over confidence, power, perseverance, pride, etc.
- "Where Eagles Dare"
- "Flight Of Icarus"
- "Die With Your Boots On"
- "The Trooper"
- "Still Life"
- "Quest For Fire"
- "Sun And Steel"
- "To Tame A Land"
- Brewery: Robinson Brewery (Stockport, England)
- Website: robinsonsbrewery.com
- Brew: Trooper Premium British Beer
- Style: Extra Special / Strong Bitter (ESB)
- Serving: 16 ounce can
- ABV: 4.7%
- Ingredients: Brewed with roasted malts along with Bobec, Goldings, and Cascade hops
- Pour: Trooper pours a clear, deep copper hue with a 1-finger white head.
- Nose: The nose is both malty and hoppy and slightly fruity with notes of freshly baked bread, roasted nuts, apple and a slight hint of lemon zest.
- Taste: The Trooper is definitely a true English ale with a good balance of hops and malts and true "depth of character."
- Mouthfeel: It is medium-bodied and moderately carbonated. It is very smooth and easy drinking with a nice, clean and hoppy finish.
- Notes: Trooper Premium British Beer was not only inspired by Iron Maiden's song "The Trooper," but vocalist Bruce Dickinson played a major role in the development of this classic English ale. "I'm a lifelong fan of traditional English ale; I thought I'd died and gone to heaven when we were asked to create our own beer. I have to say that I was very nervous: Robinsons are the only people I have had to audition for in 30 years. Their magic has been to create the alchemical wedding of flavour and texture that is TROOPER. I love it."
Overall pairing: Visually and theoretically speaking, this pairing is pretty obvious. And coming in at only 4.7% ABV, you can through back a few of these easy drinking Troopers whilst pumping your fist and banging your head to the might and brilliance that is Iron Maiden's "Piece Of Mind"!!
UP THE IRONS!!!