Guten Abend! I'm a little late, but the Meista here tonight with a pairing celebrating Oktoberfest 2016... "Love At First Sting" by the Scorpions and an Oktoberfest from Sierra Nevada Brewing Company in collaboration with Mahrs Bräu!
- Artist: Scorpions
- Title: "Love At First Sting"
- Recorded: 1983 through 1984 at Dierks Studios in Cologne, West Germany
- Release date: March 27th, 1984 (9th studio album by the Scorps) (1969-04-16)
- Record company: Harvest/EMI / Mercury Records
- Production: Dieter Dierks
- Album cover art: Kochlowski / Missmahl / Pieczulski
- Personnel: Francis Buchholz (bass and backing vocals), Matthias Jabs (lead guitar and backing vocals), Klaus Meine (lead vocals), Herman Rarebell (drums, percussion, and backing vocals), and Rudolf Schenker (rhythm guitar and backing vocals)
- Musical style: Heavy metal, hard rock
- Sound: The definitive mid-80s Scorpions sound, "Love At First Sting" is punchy, melodic, radio-friendly, and rockin' as hell! Fist-pumping rhythms are perfected blended with crunchy and soaring guitars, and Meine's unique and wonderfully honest vocals!
- Major themes: Rebellion, love, sex, lust, desire, rock and roll, partying, life, joy, etc.
- "Bad Boys Running Wild"
- "Rock You Like A Hurricane"
- "I'm Leaving You"
- "Coming Home"
- "The Same Thrill"
- "Big City Nights"
- "As Soon as the Good Times Roll"
- "Still Loving You"
- Brewery: Sierra Nevada Brewing Company (Chico, California) / Mahrs Bräu (Bamberg, Germany)
- Website: sierra-nevada.com
- Brew: Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest
- Style: Märzen / Oktoberfest
- Serving: 12 ounce bottle
- ABV: 6.0%
- Ingredients: Heritage German barley and Record hops
- Pour: It pours a clear, deep golden hue with a thin, bright white head that dissipates quickly and leaves only minimal sparse lacing.
- Nose: The nose of the Oktoberfest is characterized by sweet, fruity, and grainy aromas. There are notes of apple cider, sweet bread, soft caramel, honey, toasted malts, and biscuit.
- Taste: The taste is bready, malty, sweet, and fruity. There are notes of apple juice, pear juice, toasted bread, caramel/toffee, rich toasted malt, and hoppy spices.
- Mouthfeel: Medium-bodied and well-carbonated, the mouthfeel of the Oktoberfest is crisp, very smooth, and somewhat creamy with a slightly dry finish.
Overall pairing: The very malty and drinkable traditional flavors found in Sierra Nevada / Mahrs Bräu's Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest is not only a great autumnal brew for a blustery October night, it also makes a damned fine pairing with the kick-ass rockin' goodness that is the Scorpions! Those wonderfully balanced malty and hoppy notes are perfect for the wonderfully blended melodies and harmonies on "Love At First Sting"!
PROST!! Zum Wohl!!