Good afternoon and happy Thanksgiving rockers, rollers, and craft brew lovers! Your drinking buddy the Meista here today on this crisp November day pairing Ozzy Osbourne's "The Ozzman Cometh" and a Hither Brown Ale from Crooked Line Brewing Company!
- Artist: Ozzy Osbourne
- Title: "The Ozzman Cometh"
- Recorded: 1970 through 1997 at various studios
- Release date: November 11th, 1997 (3rd greatest hits album by Ozzy Osbourne) (1969-04-16)
- Record company: Epic Records
- Production: Roy Thomas Baker, Duane Baron, Michael Beinhorn, Ron Nevison, Max Norman, Keith Olsen, Ozzy Osbourne, John Purdell, and Randy Rhoads
- Album cover art: Sidney Cooper
- Personnel: Ozzy Osbourne (lead vocals) with Tommy Aldridge (drums), Michael Beinhorn (keyboards), Mike Bordin (drums), Geezer Butler (bass guitar), Randy Castillo (drums), Deen Castronovo (drums), Bob Daisley (bass guitar), Mike Inez (bass guitar), Tony Iommi (guitars), Kevin Jones (keyboards), Lee Kerslake (drums), Jake E. Lee (guitars), Randy Rhoads (guitars), Rudy Sarzo (bass guitar), John Sinclair (keyboards), Phil Soussan (bass guitar), Robert Trujillo (bass guitar), Rick Wakeman (keyboards), Bill Ward (drums), and Zakk Wylde (guitars)
- Musical style: Heavy metal, hard rock
- Sound: Wow... where to even start? 30 years of evolving sound... it kicks ass!!
- Major themes: Good and evil, life and death, loss, love, various stages of sanity and insanity, desire, etc.
- "Black Sabbath" (1970 Basement Tapes)
- "War Pigs" (1970 Basement Tapes)
- "Goodbye To Romance"
- "Crazy Train"
- "Mr. Crowley"
- "Over The Mountain"
- "Paranoid" (live)
- "Bark At The Moon"
- "Shot In The Dark"
- "Crazy Babies"
- "No More Tears"
- "Mama, I'm Coming Home"
- "I Don't Want To Change The World" (live)
- "I Just Want You"
- "Back On Earth"
- "Fairies Wear Boots" (The John Peel Sessions of April 26, 1970)
- "Behind The Wall Of Sleep" (The John Peel Sessions of April 26, 1970)
- "Interview With Ozzy 1988"
- Brewery: Crooked Fence Brewing Company (Garden City, Idaho)
- Website: http://www.crookedfencebrewing.com/
- Brew: Hither Brown Ale
- Style: American Brown Ale
- Serving: 22 ounce bottle
- ABV: 6.0%
- IBUs: 40
- Pour: The Hither pours a dark mahogany brownish red (similar to a cola) that displays a big, frothy, light mocha 2+ finger head with great retention and intricate, sticky lacing throughout.
- Nose: The nose is earthy, nutty, rich, and bready. There are big coffee aromas upfront followed by hazelnut, walnut, multigrain bread, and hints of dark chocolate and bitter hops.
- Taste: The taste of the Hither follows the nose... lots of coffee, bready malt, and nuttiness. There are notes of dark roasted coffee, hearty multi-grain bread, almond, hazelnut, walnut, and bitter herbs and hops.
- Mouthfeel: Medium-bodied with moderate carbonation, the mouthfeel of the Hither is hearty, chewy, and very drinkable, with a clean, slightly dry finish.
Overall pairing: The robust coffee, bready, and nutty flavors and aromas of Crooked Fence's delicious Hither Brown Ale is perfect for the complex and influential brilliant career of the Prince of Evil himself, Ozzy Osbourne! The complexity yet drinkability of the brew is great for Ozzy's powerful, yet accessible music! Great way to enjoy a holiday!
Cheers and hails head bangers!! Have a happy and safe Thanksgiving!!