Good evening! The Meista here tonight rocking out with the self-titled and latest from NWOBHM legends Diamond Head and an Edge IPA from the Edge Brewing Company!
- Artist: Diamond Head
- Title: "Diamond Head"
- Recorded: 2015 at Vigo Studio in London, England
Release date: April 22nd, 2016 (7th studio album by Diamond Head)
- Record company: Dissonance Productions
- Production: Diamond Head
- Album cover art: ?
- Personnel: Andy Abberley (rhythm and lead guitars), Rasmus Bom Andersen (vocals), Eddie "Chaos" Moohan (bass), Brian Tatler (lead and rhythm guitars), and Karl Wilcox (drums)
- Musical style: Heavy metal
- Sound: This is it... that classic Diamond Head sound, but with bite! There are massive riffs, powerful vocals, wonderful melodies, and intense solos!
- Major themes: living on the edge, darkness, good and evil, power, misery, murder, life and death, etc.
- "Shout At The Devil"
- "Set My Soul On Fire"
- "See You Rise"
- "All The Reasons You Live"
- "Wizards Sleeve"
- "Out Time Is Now"
- "Blood On My Hands"
- Brewery: Edge Brewing Company (Boise, Idaho)
- Website: http://www.edgebrew.com/
- Brew: Edge IPA
- Style: American India Pale Ale (IPA)
- Serving: 22 ounce bottle
- ABV: 7.0%
- IBUs: 61
- Ingredients: 2 Row, Crystal, and Vienna malts with Galena, Lemon Drop, Falconer’s Light, and Centennial hops
- Pour: The Edge IPA pours a hazy golden amber with a frothy, 2-finger, off-white head with great retention and intricate and sticky lacing.
- Nose: The nose is citrusy, earthy, floral, herbal, and malty. There are aromas of grapefruit rind, tangerine, lemon zest, fresh wild flowers, bitter herbs, black tea, and sweet caramel.
- Taste: The taste is characterized by citrus and floral hops with a strong malt backbone. There are notes of pink grapefruit, tangerine, mango, pineapple, lemon zest, bready malt, sweet caramel, and black pepper.
- Mouthfeel: Medium-bodied and moderately carbonated, the mouthfeel of the Edge IPA is crisp and refreshing with a somewhat dry and bitter finish.
Cheers and hails!!