Good afternoon and happy Friday! The Meista here getting the weekend started with some heavy aggression from Lamb Of God with their album "Sacrament" and a Lambda Lambda Lambda IIPA from Melvin Brewing Company! This one is dedicated to my buddy Cody D, co-DJ of KRCL metal show Maximum Distortion... cheers my friend!!!
- Artist: Lamb Of God
- Title: "Sacrament"
- Recorded: Early 2006 at Spin Studios in Queens, New York and Sound of Music Studios in Richmond, Virginia
- Release date: August 22nd, 2006 (5th studio album by Lamb Of God)
- Record company: Epic / Prosthetic
- Production: Machine
- Album cover art: K3n Adams
- Personnel: Chris Adler (drums and percussion), Willie Adler (rhythm guitar), Randy Blythe (vocals), John Campbell (bass guitar), and Mark Morton (lead guitar)
- Musical style: Metalcore, groove metal, thrash metal
- Sound: Characterized by machine gun fire riffs, heavy-duty and thunderous rhythm section grooves, and Blythe's brutal gravel and broken glass in a trash compactor vocals, Lamb Of God's sound on "Sacrament" grabs hold of you from the opening notes, slams you against the wall, and won't let go until the very last note of the very last song! This is aggression in sonic perfection!
- Major themes: Power, aggression, violence, death, and socio-political criticism of war, ignorance, hate, compliance, etc.
- "Walk With Me In Hell"
- "Again We Rise"
- "Foot To The Throat"
- "Blacken The Cursed Sun"
- "Forgotten (Lost Angels)"
- "More Time To Kill"
- "Beating On Death's Door"
- Brewery: Melvin Brewing Company (Alpine, Wyoming)
- Website: http://www.melvinbrewing.com/
- Brew: Lambda Lambda Lambda IIPA
- Style: Imperial India Pale Ale (IIPA) / Triple IPA (TIPA)
- Serving: 12 ounce can
- ABV: 13.0%
- Ingredients: Citra, Lewis, Chinook, Amarillo, Gilbert, Columbus, Takashi, Mosaic, Simcoe, and Lamar hops
- Pour: The Lambda Lambda Lambda pours a deep copper amber with 1-finger creamy off-white head with good sustain and soapy lacing.
- Nose: The nose is dank, earthy, herbal, fruity, and malty. There are aromas of grapefruit rind, orange juice and zest, freshly cut mango, black tea, pine resin, and burnt toffee.
- Taste: The taste is an incredibly well-balanced blend of bold citrus, tropical fruit, dank and earthy pine, and sweet malt. There are notes of pink grapefruit, tangerine, peach, mango, pineapple, and guava along with pine, and a huge caramel/toffee malt backbone.
- Mouthfeel: Full-bodied with moderate carbonation, the mouthfeel is thick and sticky, but very smooth for a triple. The finish is dry with a lingering, but not unpleasant hoppy bitterness.