Good evening! The Meista here tonight pairing "The Heart Of Everything" by Dutch symphonic metal band Within Temptation and a Flowering Citrus Ale (part of the Lips Of Faith Series) from New Belgium Brewing in collaboration with De Koninck Brewery!
- Artist: Within Temptation
- Title: "The Heart Of Everything"
- Recorded: May through November 2006 at The Metal Cemetery, Studio Arnold Mühren in Volendam, Netherlands, Soundpark Studio in Schiedam, Netherlands, and Barrandov Studios in Prague, Czech Republic
- Release date: March 9th, 2007 (4th studio album by Within Temptation)
- Record company: Roadrunner Records
- Production: Daniel Gibson and Stefan Helleblad
- Album cover art: Erwin Olaf
- Personnel: Sharon den Adel (vocals), Ruud Jolie (electric and acoustic guitars, mandolin, and backing vocals), Martijn Spierenburg (keyboards and choir and orchestra arrangements), Stephen van Haestregt (drums), Jeroen van Veen (bass guitar), and Robert Westerholt (electric guitars)
- Additional musicians: Mina Caputo (vocals on "What Have You Done"), Siard de Jong (fiddle on "Hand Of Sorrow" and "Forgiven"), Jonas Pap (cello on "The Cross", "All I Need", and "Forgiven"), Tom Salisbury (piano on "Frozen", "All I Need", and "Forgiven", and choir and orchestra arrangements), The City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra conducted by Richard Hein
- Musical style: Symphonic metal/rock, gothic metal
- Sound: Dark, complex, bombastic, and edgy.
- Major themes: Making difficult choices, relationships, love, loss, life, child abuse, death, war, moral decisions, etc.
- "The Howling"
- "What Have You Done"
- "Our Solemn Hour"
- "The Heart Of Everything"
- "Hand Of Sorrow"
- "The Cross"
- "Final Destination"
- "All I Need"
- "The Truth Beneath The Rose"
- Brewery: New Belgium Brewing Company (Fort Collins, Colorado) and De Koninck Brewery (Antwerp, Belgium)
- Website: http://www.newbelgium.com/
- Brew: Flowering Citrus Ale
- Style: Fruit beer
- Serving: 12 ounce bottle
- ABV: 7.4%
- IBUs: 30
- Ingredients: Antwerp yeast, Mistral hops, Pale and rye malts with hibiscus, rose petals, key lime, and whole lemons
- Pour: The Flowering Citrus Ale pours a hazy golden-amber with a thin, bright white head that dissipates quickly and leaves almost no lacing.
- Nose: The nose is floral, fruity, and citrusy. There are notes of "hibiscus, rose petals and strawberry-tinged Mistral hops" along with lime and lemon juice and peel.
- Taste: The taste is very citrusy, herbal, and floral. There are notes of lime and lemon juice, tangerine, strawberry, hibiscus, light grains, and herbs.
- Mouthfeel: Light to medium-bodied with moderate carbonation, the mouthfeel is crisp and very tart, but very smooth with a clean, refreshing finish.