Good evening and hails evil-doers! Rising up from the very depths of oblivion, two leviathans hell-bent on laying down unique and artisan blends! That's right, a pairing tonight with Crafteon's debut album "Cosmic Reawakening" and Brett Sea Legs Wild Baltic Porter from Uinta Brewing Company! Hell yeah!!
- Artist: Crafteon
- Title: "Cosmic Reawakening"
- Recorded: 2015 through 2016
- Release date: Summer 2017 (not yet released)
- Record company: independent
- Production: Josh Søn Af Mørten (mastered by Adam Tucker at Signaturetone Recordings)
- Album cover art: Nick Skochev
- Personnel: Josh Søn Af Mørten (a.k.a. Lord Mordiggian): guitars and vocals, Jeff Swanson (a.k.a. Fthaggua): lead guitar, Joseph P. Tata (a.k.a. Ithaqua): bass guitar, and Frankie Candelario (a.k.a. Rhagorthua): drums
- Musical style: Black metal, melodic black metal
- Sound: Steeped in classic Scandinavian black metal (Darkthrone, Dissection, Gorgoroth, Mayhem, etc.), but very original, the sound on "Cosmic Reawakening" is aggressive, chaotic, infernal, and wonderfully and darkly melodic! Fthaggua's guitar work will melt your face while Ithaqua and Rhagorthua pound you into oblivion, and Lord Mordiggian's vocals will claw at your very soul!
- Major themes: With each song based on a different H.P. Lovecraft short story, the themes on "Cosmic Reawakening" include horror, mythology, darkness, despair, insanity, death, evil, nihilism, etc.
- Notes: Crafteon is the brainchild of Josh Søn Af Mørten, guitarist of Denver power metal band, Vacant Throne and an English teacher. Crafteon stemmed from his love of Lovecraft's works and of all things metal!
- "The Outsider"
- "What The Moon Brings"
- "The Temple"
- "The Colour Out Of Space"
- "The White Ship"
- "From Beyond"
- "The Whisperer In The Darkness"
- Brewery: Uinta Brewing Company (Salt Lake City, Utah)
- Website: http://www.uintabrewing.com/
- Brew: Brett Sea Legs Wild Baltic Porter
- Style: Sour Porter
- Serving: 25 ounce bottle
- ABV: 8.2%
- IBUs: 50
- Ingredients: Carfa, Chocolate, and CaraMunich malts, and Traditional hops
- Pour: The Brett Sea Legs Wild Baltic Porter pours a very dark mahogany with a frothy, 2-finger, light mocha head with good sustain and lacing.
- Nose: The nose is earthy, tart, fruity, funky and rich. There are aromas of overripe fruit, wet leather, barnyard funk, black coffee, dark fruits (cherries and plums), vanilla bean, aged oak, and toffee.
- Taste: The taste is a wonderfully interesting blend of tart, smoky, earthy, and fruity flavors. There are notes of black cherry, plum, lemon, vanilla, Belgian yeast, oak, dark roasted coffee, and soft caramel.
- Mouthfeel: Full-bodied with moderate carbonation, the mouthfeel is both lip-puckering tart and velvety smooth with a dry finish.
Check Crafteon out at https://www.facebook.com/crafteon/!! Do it now before Cthulhu comes for you!! And make sure you get a copy of "Cosmic Reawakening" once it comes out this summer!!!