Hello and hails! The Meista here pairing a delicious Simba Saison from Breakside Brewery and "Charlemagne: The Omens of Death" by the late Christopher Lee! That's right, actor Christopher Lee!!
- Artist: Christopher Lee
- Title: "Charlemagne: The Omens of Death"
- Recorded: 2012 through 2013 at Bonafide Studio, DH Studios, Audio 7, Studio Pros, Blue Studio, and Elysnge Studios
- Release date: May 27th, 2013 (4th heavy metal album by Christopher Lee at age 90!!)
- Record company: Charlemagne Productions Ltd. / Cargo Records
- Production: Juan Aneiros
- Album cover art: Caio Caldas
- Personnel: Christopher Lee (vocals) with Aaron Cloutier (vocals), Mauro Conti (vocals), Richie Faulkner (arrangements), Christina Lee (narration), Phil S.P (vocals), Hedras Ramos (guitars), Hedras Ramos Sr. (bass), Vincent Ricciardi (vocals), Marco Sabiu (symphony orchestra and choir arrangement and conducting), Lydia Salnikova (vocals), Gordon Tittsworth (vocals), Ollie Usiskin (drums), and Daniel Vasconcelos (vocals)
- Musical style: Heavy metal, power metal
- Sound: Bold, bombastic, heavy, "Charlemagne: The Omens of Death" is characterized by melodic, fiery, and powerful guitar riffs and hooks, heavy duty rockin', and Lee's amazing voice!
- Major themes: An epic concept album about the life and death of the Holy Roman Emperor Charlemagne (Charles the Great), themes include valor, war, death, greed, power, might, betrayal, etc.
- "The Portent"
- "Charles The Great"
- "The Siege"
- "Massacre Of The Saxons"
- "Dawning Of A New Age"
- "Let Legend Mark Me As The King"
- "The Betrayal"
- "The Devil's Advocate"
- "The Ultimate Sacrifice"
- "Judgement Day"
- Brewery: Breakside Brewery (Portland, Oregon)
- Website: https://www.breakside.com/
- Brew: Simba Saison
- Style: Saison / Farmhouse Ale
- Serving: 25 ounce bottle
- ABV: 6.6%
- Pour: The Simba pours a very murky with a pale yellow-orange with a bright white, frothy 2-finger head that shows good retention and lots of sticky spider web lacing.
- Nose: The nose is characterized by fruity, funky, tart, and spicy aromas. There are scents of orange peel, lemon zest, pear, green apple, white wine, coriander, and a little barnyard funk for good measure.
- Taste: The taste of the Simba follows the nose... very floral, fruity, tart, and funky. There are really nice citrus notes intermingled with spice and Chardonnay.
- Mouthfeel: Medium-bodied and well carbonated, the mouthfeel of the Simba is sharp, crisp, and refreshing with a dry and funky finish.