Good evening! The Meista here tonight pairing a 2016 SPON - Méthode Gueuze from Jester King and "Satanica" by Polish extreme metal band Behemoth! Hails yeah!!
- Artist: Behemoth
- Title: "Satanica"
- Recorded: 1999 at Starcraft Stimulation Studios in Warsaw, Poland
- Release date: October 25th, 1999 (4th studio album by Behemoth)
- Record company: Avantgarde / Metal Mind / Dwell
- Production: Adam "Nergal" Darski and M.A.
- Album cover art: Tomasz "Graal" Daniłowicz
- Personnel: Adam "Nergal" Darski (guitars, bass guitar, vocals, synthesizers, lyrics, mixing), Leszek "L-Kaos" Dziegielewski (guitar), and Zbigniew Robert "Inferno" Promiński (drums and percussions)
- Musical style: Blackened death metal, melodic death metal, black metal with elements of thrash metal and gothic metal
- Sound: Extreme to the nth degree! The sound on "Satanica" is an infernal and fiery blast of wonderful speed and cacophony!
- Major themes: The occult, evil, darkness, mythology, paganism, religious criticism, etc.
- "Decade Of Therion"
- "Ceremony Of Shiva"
- "Of Sephirotic Transformation And Carnality"
- "The Sermon To The Hypocrites"
- "The Alchemist's Dream"
- "Chant for Eschaton 2000"
- "Untitled (#93)
- Brewery: Jester King Brewery (Austin, Texas)
- Website: http://jesterkingbrewery.com/
- Brew: 2016 SPON - Méthode Gueuze
- Style: Gueuze
- Serving: 22 ounce bottle
- ABV: 5.5%
- Pour: It pours a hazy golden-straw with a thin, bright white head that dissipates quickly and leaves only a trace ring.
- Nose: The nose is characterized by big citrus, funk, and rubber/sulfur. There are aromas of lemon zest, grapefruit rind, light apricot, crackery wheat, wet leather, horse blanket, and light spices.
- Taste: The taste is a delicious blast of funk and citrus. There are notes of lemon and lime acidity, bitter grapefruit, barnyard funk, hay, bitter herbs, and light spices.
- Mouthfeel: Medium to full-bodied with soft carbonation, the mouthfeel is crisp and tart with a very dry and somewhat sharp finish.
HAILS!! Na zdrowie!!