Good evening! The Meista here tonight rocking out with a pairing of a Nitro Red Velvet from Ballast Point Brewing Company and "Red Album" by Baroness!
- Artist: Baroness
- Title: "Red Album"
- Recorded: Mar 18th through May 2nd, 2007
- Release date: September 4th, 2007 (1st full-length studio album by Baroness)
- Record company: Relapse Records
- Production: Phillip Cope of Kylesa
- Album cover art: John Dyer Baizley
- Personnel: John Dyer Baizley (vocals and guitar), Allen Blickle (drums), Brian Blickle (guitar), and Summer Welch (bass)
- Musical style: Sludge metal, progressive metal with elements of post punk
- Sound: Slow, sludgy, heavy, and progressive, Baroness creates a fresh and richly blended musical journey with the sound on "Red Album" while giving a nod to bands like Mastodon, Melvins, Black Sabbath, and Fugazi! They approach their writing and delivery with a truly artisan persona... passionate, heavy as hell, and wholly complex!
- Major themes: Power, darkness, mythology, life, knowledge, self-reliance, isolation, etc.
- "Rays On Pinion"
- "The Birthing"
- "Wailing Wintry Wind"
- "Cockroach En Fleur"
- "Teeth Of A Cogwheel"
- Brewery: Ballast Point Brewing Company (San Diego, California)
- Website: https://ballastpoint.com/
- Brew: Nitro Red Velvet
- Style: Oatmeal Stout
- Serving: 12 ounce bottle
- ABV: 5.5%
- IBUs: 35
- Pour: It pours a slightly hazy ruby red with a very creamy white head that dissipates quickly, leaving only a trace ring.
- Nose: The nose is big blast of red velvet cake: earthy, sweet, and chocolaty. There are notes of cocoa, oats, milk chocolate, cream, light vanilla bean, and hints of earthy beets.
- Taste: The taste follows the nose. There are notes of cocoa, dark chocolate, beet juice, light caramel, cream, hints of cherry, and creamy oatmeal.
- Mouthfeel: Medium-bodied with soft carbonation, the mouthfeel is creamy, smooth, and very drinkable with a dry, slightly sweet finish.
Cheers and hails!!