Good evening! The Meista here tonight getting heavy, aggressive, and introspective with Death's amazing 4th album, "Human" and a Space Ghost Golden Session Barleywine Ale, a collaborative brew from Ecliptic Brewing and Melvin Brewing!
- Artist: Ozzy Osbourne
- Title: "Black Rain"
- Recorded: 2006 at The Music Machine in Beverly Hills, California
- Release date: May 22nd, 2007 (10th studio album by Ozzy Osbourne)
- Record company: Epic Records
- Production: Ozzy Osbourne and Kevin Churko
- Album cover art: Joshua Marc Levy
- Personnel: Ozzy Osbourne (vocals) with Mike Bordin (drums), Rob "Blasko" Nicholson (bass), and Zakk Wylde (guitars, keyboards, and backing vocals)
- Musical style: Heavy metal
- Sound: Maybe not as powerful and as memorable as his earlier solo albums, "Black Rain" is still a rockin' Ozzy album... one that I don't think gets the credit it deserves! This would be the last album that Wylde and Bordin would play on and they both shine!
- Major themes: At times introspective and at times examining social issues with a critical eye, themes on "Black Rain" include life and death, rock and roll, war, environmental destruction, hate, love, power, corruption, greed, hope, etc.
- "Not Going Away"
- "I Don't Wanna Stop"
- "Black Rain"
- "Lay Your World On Me"
- "The Almighty Dollar"
- "11 Silver"
- "Civilize The Universe"
- "Here For You"
- "Countdown's Begun"
- "Trap Door"
- Brewery: Modern Times Beer (San Diego, California)
- Website: http://www.moderntimesbeer.com/
- Brew: Nitro Black House With Coffee, Coconut & Cocoa
- Style: Oatmeal Stout
- Serving: 16 ounce can
- ABV: 5.8%
- IBUs: 40
- Ingredients: Two Row, Oats, Crystal 60, Pale Chocolate, Munich, Roasted Barley, Flaked Barley, Midnight Wheat, Carapils, and Kiln Coffee malts with coconut and cocoa nibs, and Ethiopia Hambela and Sumatra Mandheling coffees
- Pour: The Nitro Black House pours an opaque ink black with a creamy mocha head with good sustain and intricate lacing.
- Nose: The nose is a big blast of chocolate, coffee, and coconut. There are aromas of nutty toasted coconut, dark chocolate, milk chocolate, cocoa, and coffee up front, followed by toasted malt, oatmeal, cream, and toffee.
- Taste: The taste of the Nitro Black House is like the nose... earthy, rich, chocolaty, malty, and nutty. There are notes of toasted coconut, blonde coffee roast, milk chocolate, dark chocolate, cream, light marshmallow, roasted malts, and toffee/caramel.
- Mouthfeel: Full-bodied with low carbonation, the mouthfeel is creamy, velvety, and thick with a dry and sweet finish.
Overall pairing: The thick, creamy, chocolaty, coffee, nutty, and rich flavors and aromas of Modern Times' wonderful Nitro Black House With Coffee, Coconut & Cocoa is a great brew to kick back with on a quiet night and rock out with the power and depth that is Ozzy's underrated "Black Rain"! 'Nuff said!
Cheers and hails!!