Good evening! The Meista here tonight pairing Fleetwood Mac's self-titled 1975 album and an Innis & Gunn Rum Aged ale!
- Artist: Fleetwood Mac
- Title: "Fleetwood Mac"
- Recorded: January through February 1975 at Sound City Studios in Van Nuys, California
- Release date: July 1975 (10th studio album by Fleetwood Mac)
- Record company: Reprise Records
- Production: Fleetwood Mac and Keith Olsen
- Album cover art: Herbert W. Worthington II
- Personnel: Lindsey Buckingham (electric, acoustic, and resonator guitar, banjo, and vocals), Mick Fleetwood (drums and percussion), Christine McVie (keyboards, synthesizer, and vocals), John McVie (bass guitar), and Stevie Nicks (vocals)
- Additional musicians: Waddy Wachtel (rhythm guitar on "Sugar Daddy")
- Musical style: Rock, pop, soft rock, folk rock
- Sound: With a notable change in style, the 1975 "Fleetwood Mac" album is the first to feature Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks. The tracks are warm, melodic, and full of great hooks and harmonies... an obvious classic!
- Major themes: Relationships, love, heartbreak, passion, tension, deception, fear, hope, etc.
- "Monday Morning"
- "Warm Ways"
- "Blue Letter"
- "Over My Head"
- "Say You Love Me"
- "World Turning"
- "Sugar Daddy"
- "I'm So Afraid"
- Brewery: Innis & Gunn (Edinburgh, Scotland)
- Website: http://innisandgunn.com/
- Brew: Innis & Gunn Rum Aged
- Style: Scottish Ale
- Serving: 16 ounce bottle
- ABV: 6.8%
- Ingredients: Innis & Gunn Ale Malt, Crystal Malt, Roasted Barley, and Chocolate Malt with Super Styrian hops
- Pour: The Innis & Gunn Rum Aged pours a deep ruby red with a small white head that dissipates quickly, leaving a thin ring.
- Nose: The nose is a blend of spicy rum, woodsy oak, and toasty and bready malt. There are aromas of spiced rum, vanilla bean, cherry, nutmeg, toasted bread, caramel, and a hint of citrus.
- Taste: The taste of the Innis & Gunn Rum Aged is like the nose... lots of spiced rum, vanilla, cloves, dark fruit, and sweet malts.
- Mouthfeel: Medium-bodied with lower carbonation, the mouthfeel is smooth and velvety with a boozy bite and a dry, somewhat sweet finish.