Hello and happy Friday! The Meista here today pairing an Aisle 13 Hazy from my friends at Fisher Brewing Company and Built To Spill's rockin' "There Is No Enemy"! This pairing is dedicated to Chad and Colby... cheers dudes!!
- Artist: Built To Spill
- Title: "There Is No Enemy"
- Recorded: May 2007 in Los Angeles, California
Release date: October 6th, 2009 (7th full-length studio album by Built To Spill)
- Record company: Warner Bros. / ATP Recordings
- Production: Dave Trumfio and Doug Martsch
- Album cover art: Mike Scheer
- Personnel: Doug Martsch (guitar and vocals), Brett Nelson (bass guitar), Brett Nelson (guitars), Scott Plouf (drums), and Jim Roth (guitars)
- Additional musicians: Sam Coomes (mellotron and organ), Paul Leary (guitar), Danny Levin (horns), Roger Manning (organ), John McMahon (cello and lap steel), and Scott Schmaljohn (guitar)
- Musical style: Indie rock, post punk, alternative rock, power pop
- Sound: Bouncy and poppy, the sound on Built To Spill's sophomore album "" is well-crafted and harmonious indie rock that helped define the genre's sound in the 2000s. Often overlooked by more radio-friendly bands of the time, Built To Spill's sound is simple, straightforward, yet very artistic.
- Major themes: Life, existence, relationships, love, desire, friendship, knowledge, ruin, etc.
- "Aisle 13"
- "Nowhere Lullaby"
- "Good Ol' Boredom"
- "Life's A Dream"
- "Oh Yeah"
- "Planting Seeds"
- "Things Fall Apart"
- Brewery: Fisher Brewing Company (Salt Lake City, Utah)
- Website: http://www.fisherbeer.com/
- Brew: Aisle 13 Hazy Pale Ale
- Style: American Pale Ale (APA)
- Serving: 32 ounce crowler can
- ABV: 5.0%
- IBUs: 15
- Ingredients: Vista and Galaxy hops
- Pour: The Aisle 13 pours a very hazy, golden-yellow hue with a billowy and creamy, eggshell white, 2+ finger head with great sustain and lots of sudsy, sticky, and layered lacing.
- Nose: The nose is characterized by citrusy, tropical, floral and light herbal hops, and more subtle sweeter malts. There are aromas of tangerine, orange zest, mango, pineapple, wildflowers, doughy bread, and sweet caramel.
- Taste: The taste of the Aisle 13 follows the nose with lots of citrusy, fruity, and herbal flavors along with more subtle sweet malts. There are notes of light grapefruit juice, tangerine, orange juice, mango, guava, pineapple, crackery biscuit, and soft caramel/toffee.
- Mouthfeel: Medium to full-bodied with moderate carbonation, the mouthfeel is crisp and juicy with a dry, slightly sweet finish.
Overall pairing: The tropical sweet and malty smooth flavors of Fisher's Aisle 13 Hazy is perfect for the straight-forward, honest, mellow, and rocking depth of Built To Spill's great and very underrated "There Is No Enemy"! The more subtle bitter hop notes work really well with the hints of sadness in some of the lyrics.