Good afternoon and happy Friday! Let's get the weekend off right with a pairing of the Voodoo Ranger Imperial IPA from New Belgium Brewing Company and "Red Voodoo" by Sammy Hagar and The Waboritas!
- Artist: Sammy Hagar and The Waboritas
- Title: "Red Voodoo"
- Recorded: 1998
- Release date: March 23rd, 1999
- Record company: MCA Records
- Production: Sammy Hagar and Jesse Harms
- Album cover art: Todd Gallopo (art design) and Storm Hale (photography)
- Personnel: Mona Gnader (bass guitar), Sammy Hagar (lead vocals and guitar), Jesse Harms (keyboards), Victor Johnson (guitar), and David Lauser (drums)
- Additional musicians: Roy Rogers (slide guitar on "Don't Fight It (Feel It)") and Tower of Power (horns)
- Musical style: Hard rock, rock, blues rock, heavy metal
- Sound: With a great groove that lingers throughout each track, "Red Voodoo" is a fun, raucous, rockin' album, worthy of the name Hagar! This is one of those albums you crank up!
- Major themes: Booze, food, sex, partying, life, the blues, spirituality, equality, etc.
- "Mas Tequila"
- "Sympathy For The Human"
- "Red Voodoo"
- "Lay Your Hand On Me"
- "High And Dry Again"
- "The Revival"
- "Don't Fight It (Feel It)"
- "The Love"
- "Right On Right"
- "Returning Of The Wish"
- Brewery: New Belgium Brewing Company (Fort Collins, Colorado)
- Website: http://www.newbelgium.com/
- Brew: Voodoo Ranger Imperial IPA
- Style: American Double / Imperial IPA
- Serving: 12 ounce bottle
- ABV: 9.0%
- IBUs: 70
- Pour: The Voodoo Ranger Imperial IPA pours a slightly hazy copper-amber with a frothy and creamy, bright white head that displays lots of intricate and layered lacing throughout.
- Nose: The nose is dank, earthy, citrusy, and malty. There are aromas of strong pine resin, grapefruit rind, tangerine peel, orange peel and juice, herbal tea, alight stone fruit, graham cracker, and caramel".
- Taste: The taste is characterized by piney, citrusy, and malty flavors. There are notes of fresh cut pine, pink grapefruit juice, tangerine, orange zest, black tea, burnt toffee,
- Mouthfeel: Medium-bodied with moderate carbonation, the mouthfeel is crisp, yet oily with a bittersweet and slightly boozy finish.
Overall pairing: The punchy, yet complex flavors and aromas of New Belgium's great Voodoo Ranger Imperial IPA is perfect for the rock and roll goodness that is Sammy Hagar and The Waboritas' "Red Voodoo"! Those big pine and citrus notes are great for the straightforward rocking aggression, while the sweeter malt notes are great for the wonderful harmonies and overall groove!
Cheers!! Rock on!!