Good evening and happy Presidents' Day! The Meista here tonight rockin' out to "Illusions Dimension" by the amazingly talented Matheus Manente with a Stone Mocha IPA from Stone Brewing Company!
- Artist: Matheus Manente
- Title: "Illusions Dimension" (2017 Remastered)
- Recorded: 2012 through 2014 at Manente's Home Studio in São Paulo, Brazil
- Release date: February 1st, 2017 (1st studio album by Matheus Manente)
- Record company: Matheus Manente
- Production: Matheus Manente
- Album cover art: Matheus Manente
- Personnel: Matheus Manente (all instruments: guitars, bass, keyboards, and drums)
- Additional musicians: Gryzor87 (piano on "Inner Peace" and "Pamukkale")
- Musical style: Instrumental progressive metal/rock, experimental fusion with elements of folk, classical, and jazz
- Sound: Reminiscient of John Petrucci, Steve Vai, and Steve Morse, yet original, heartfelt, and honest, the sound that Matheus Manente creates is brilliant! It is a sonic wall of intensity, passion, beauty, darkness, and truth through an amazing tone and intricate harmonies, melodies, and arpeggios!
- Major themes: As with all instrumental music, themes often lie with the listener and his/her imagination. For me, there are elements of science, spirituality, fantasy, mythology, passion, and darkness when I listen to Matheus Manente's playing.
- "Illusions Dimension"
- "Kinetic Disturbances"
- "The Shapley-Curtis Debate"
- "Inner Peace"
- "Symmetry Of Evil"
- "Market Garden"
- "The Seventh of Nights"
- "Virtual Destruction"
- "The Burial Of The Count Of Orgaz"
- "Brihadeeswarar Temple"
- "Dreams And Memories"
- Brewery: Stone Brewing Company (Escondido, California)
- Website: http://www.stonebrewing.com/
- Brew: Stone Mocha IPA
- Style: American Double / Imperial India Pale Ale (IPA) with coffee
- Serving: 12 ounce bottle
- ABV: 9.0%
- IBUs: 80
- Ingredients: Cascade, Citra, and Amarillo hops
- Pour: The Stone Mocha IPA pours a deep copper-amber with a thin tan head with good sustain and soapy lacing.
- Nose: The nose is earthy, dank, chocolatey, and citrusy. There are notes of roasted coffee beans, cocoa, milk chocolate, grapefruit rid, tangerine, and orange zest.
- Taste: The taste is a strange, yet very drinkable blend of a citrusy IPA and a rich and chocolatey stout... yes, really! There are notes of grapefruit, orange, and mango upfront followed by cocoa, chocolate, and rich coffee.
- Mouthfeel: Full-bodied with moderate carbonation, the mouthfeel is oily, yet crisp with a bitter and dry finish.
Overall pairing: The originality, depth of character, and intensity of Matheus Manente's fantastic "Illusions Dimension" can only truly be paired with a brew that is very original, compelling, and delicious... thus the Stone Mocha IPA! The unique and interesting blended flavors and aromas of citrus, coffee, and chocolate work really well with Manente's vast musical styles and beautiful tone!