Good afternoon! The Meista here today pairing "Give A Glimpse Of What Yer Not" by Dinosaur Jr. and Ritual Brewing Company's Hop-O-Matic IPA!
- Artist: Dinosaur Jr.
- Title: "Give A Glimpse Of What Yer Not"
- Recorded: 2016 at Bisquiteen Studio in Amherst, Massachusetts
- Release date: August 5th, 2016 (11th studio album by Dinosaur Jr.)
- Record company: Jagjaguwar Records
- Production: J Mascis
- Album cover art: Daniel Richter
- Personnel: Lou Barlow (bass and vocals), J Mascis (guitar and lead vocals), and Murph (drums)
- Musical style: Alternative rock, indie rock/pop
- Sound: Akin to their earlier work, "Give A Glimpse Of What Yer Not" is a crunchy, biting, and mesmerizing album track by track! Mascis' fiery guitar work along with the power and punch of Barlow and Murph work perfectly as a foil to the whiny vocals and heartfelt lyrics!
- Major themes: Life, interactions, relationships, inner peace, self-discovery, isolation, etc.
- "Goin Down"
- "Be A Part"
- "I Told Everyone"
- "Love Is..."
- "Good To Know"
- "I Walk For Miles"
- "Lost All Day"
- "Knocked Around"
- Brewery: Ritual Brewing Company (Redlands, California)
- Website: http://ritualbrewing.com/
- Brew: Hop-O-Matic IPA
- Style: American India Pale Ale (IPA)
- Serving: 12 ounce bottle
- ABV: 7.1%
- IBUs: 80
- Pour: The Hop-O-Matic pours a slightly hazy copper-amber with mellow effervescence and a 1+ foamy, white head with good retention and lots of layered lacing.
- Nose: The nose is very aromatic with lots of dank, earthy, floral, citrusy, and malty aromas. There are notes of pine resin, grapefruit rind, tangerine, and freshly cut hops followed by sweet caramel malt.
- Taste: The taste of the Hop-O-Matic is a "sweet, toasty malts and a zesty citrus profile". There are notes of grapefruit juice and rind, tangerine, orange zest, pine, bitter herbs, light peppery spice, and sweet caramel/toffee.
- Mouthfeel: Medium-bodied with moderate carbonation, the mouthfeel is oily, yet crisp with a dry and somewhat bitter finish.