Good evening evil-doers and hop lovers! The Meista here getting evil and heavy with Job For A Cowboy's "Ruination" and a RuinTen Triple IPA with Orange Peel and Vanilla Bean from Stone Brewing Company!
- Artist: Job For A Cowboy
- Title: "Ruination"
- Recorded: 2009 at AudioHammer studios in Sanford, Florida
- Release date: July 7th, 2009 (2nd album by Job For A Cowboy)
- Record company: Metal Blade Records
- Production: Jason Suecof
- Album cover art: Brent Elliott White
- Personnel: Ravi Bhadriraju (guitar on "Unfurling a Darkened Gospel"), Jonny Davy (lead vocals), Al Glassman (guitar), Jon Rice (drums), Brent Riggs (bass guitar and backing vocals), and Bobby Thompson (guitar)
- Musical style: Death metal with elements of technical deathcore and black metal
- Sound: Powerfully aggressive, yet surprisingly melodic, the sound on "Ruination" is profoundly death metal! Davy's vocals combine guttural and brutal growls with higher-pitched, almost twangy shrieks... perfect for the album's subject matter! The guitar works is blisteringly fast, rapid-fire, down-tuned madness, while the bass and drums sound like a WWII bombing run!
- Major themes: Politically charged, according to Davy, themes and subject matter on "Ruination" include "propaganda in the mainstream media and television, human rights in North Korea, the modern genocidal government of Nubia, the use of torture in American military tactics, consequences of nuclear war, and overruling by world governments and police states/martial law.", etc.
- "Unfurling A Darkened Gospel"
- "Summon The Hounds"
- "Constitutional Masturbation"
- "Regurgitated Disinformation"
- "March To Global Enslavement"
- "Butchering The Enlightened"
- "Lords Of Chaos"
- "Psychological Immorality"
- "To Detonate And Exterminate"
- Brewery: Stone Brewing Company (Escondido, California)
- Website: http://www.stonebrewing.com/
- Brew: RuinTen Triple IPA with Orange Peel and Vanilla Bean
- Style: Triple India Pale Ale (IPA) / Imperial IPA
- Serving: 22 ounce bottle
- ABV: 10.8%
- IBUs: 110
- Ingredients: "A frenzied mosh pit of" Magnum, Centennial, and Citra hops with orange peel and vanilla bean
- Pour: The RuinTen pours a slightly hazy deep bronze hue with a frothy, 1+ finger, off-white head with good sustain and lots of soapy lacing.
- Nose: The nose is fruity, citrusy, sweet and malty. There are aromas of caramel malt, orange juice and peel, grapefruit rind, lime, vanilla bean, light pine resin, bready malt, sweet toffee, and orange liquor.
- Taste: The taste of the Ruinten Triple IPA is fruity, sweet, bitter, dank, and malty. Imagine an over-hopped creamsicle! There are notes of orange marmalade, orange juice, tangerine, a hint of mango, light pine, black tea, vanilla, cream, and caramel.
- Mouthfeel: Medium to full-bodied with moderate carbonation, the mouthfeel of the RuinTen Triple IPA with Orange Peel and Vanilla Bean is thick, sticky, and fairly smooth with a bitter, sweet, dry, and boozy finish.
Overall pairing: The profoundly aggressive, boozy, and punchy RuinTen Triple IPA with Orange Peel and Vanilla Bean from Stone Brewing is quite the undertaking... as is Job For A Cowboy's "Ruination"! Both the brew and the album demand your complete attention... neither are for the faint at heart or newbies to either genre!