Hello and happy Friday evil-doers! The Meista here today getting heavy and a little evil with a pairing of Morbid Angel's "Heretic" and a RiNo APA from Epic Brewing Company!
- Artist: Morbid Angel
- Title: "Heretic"
- Recorded: 2003 at Diet of Worms Studios in Seffner, Florida
- Release date: September 23rd, 2003 (7th album by Morbid Angel)
- Record company: Earache Records
- Production: Juan "Punchy" Gonzalez and Morbid Angel
- Album cover art: Marc Sasso
- Personnel: Trey Azagthoth (electric guitar, guitar synthesizer, and keyboards), Pete Sandoval (drums, piano, and keyboards), and Steve Tucker (bass guitar and vocals)
- Additional musicians: Karl Sanders (guitar)
- Musical style: Death metal with elements of thrash metal
- Sound: The sound on "Heretic" is nothing short of an inventive sonic attack of fierce and fiery guitars, blitzkrieg drumming, and brutal and infernal growls! It is raw, incredibly fast, unapologetic, and wonderfully aggressive !
- Major themes: Death, mythology, the occult, criticism and opposition to organized religions, the destruction of man, war, rot, corruption, repression, hate, etc.
- "Cleansed In Pestilence (Blade Of Elohim)"
- "Enshrined By Grace"
"Beneath The Hollow" "Curse The Flesh"
- "Praise The Strength"
- "Place Of Many Deaths"
"Abyssous" "God Of Our Own Divinity"
- "Within Thy Enemy"
"Memories Of The Past" "Victorious March Of Reign The Conquerer" "Drum Check"
- "Born Again"
- Brewery: Epic Brewing Company (Denver, Colorado)
- Website: https://epicbrewing.com/
- Brew: RiNo APA
- Style: American Pale Ale (APA
- Serving: 12 ounce can
- ABV: 5.8%
- Pour: The RiNo pours a hazy, deep copper hue with a frothy, 1-finger, off-white head with good retention and sticky lacing.
- Nose: The nose is citrusy, earthy, dank, and slightly sweet. There are aromas of orange, tangerine, grapefruit, mango, pine resin, summer grass, cannabis, and light caramel.
- Taste: The taste of the RiNo is classic APA: bright, juicy, earthy, malty, and hoppy. There are notes of orange juice, tangerine, pink grapefruit, mango, peach, melon, pine, and toffee.
- Mouthfeel: Medium-bodied with moderate carbonation, the mouthfeel of the RiNo is very smooth, juicy, and crisp with a clean, slightly dry finish.