Good evening and happy Thursday metal maniacs and hop lovers! The Meista here tonight getting a little evil and hoppy with Cannibal Corpse's latest album, "Violence Unimagined" and It's Got Citra! India Pale Ale from Epic Brewing Company! Hell yeah!
- Artist: Cannibal Corpse
- Title: "Violence Unimagined"
- Recorded: 2020 at Mana Recording Studios in St. Petersburg, Florida
- Release date: April 16th, 2021 (15th studio album by Cannibal Corpse)
- Record company: Metal Blade
- Production: Erik Rutan
- Album cover art: Vince Locke
- Personnel: Rob Barrett (rhythm guitar), George "Corpsegrinder" Fisher (lead vocals), Erik Rutan (lead guitar and backing vocals on "Murderous Rampage"), Paul Mazurkiewicz (drums), and Alex Webster (bass)
- Musical style: Death metal
- Sound: The sound of "Violence Unimagined" is an explosive, in-your-face, powerfully heavy brutality!
- Major themes: Violence, murder, gore, torture, horror, zombies, plague, death, etc.
- "Murderous Rampage"
- "Necrogenic Resurrection"
- "Inhumane Harvest"
- "Condemnation Contagion"
- "Surround, Kill, Devour"
- "Ritual Annihilation"
- "Follow The Blood"
- "Bound And Burned"
- "Slowly Sawn"
- "Cerements Of The Flayed"
- Brewery: Epic Brewing Company (Salt Lake City, Utah)
- Website: https://www.epicbrewing.com/
- Brew: It's Got Citra! India Pale Ale
- Style: American India Pale Ale (IPA)
- Serving: 22 ounce bottle
- ABV: 8.0%
- Ingredients: Citra hop with 2-row brewers malt, white wheat malt, honey malt, malted oats, and rice hulls
- Pour: The It's Got Citra! India Pale Ale pours a very hazy, caramel amber hue with an off-white, thick and creamy, 2+ finger head with great retention and lots of sticky, intricate lacing.
- Nose: The nose is characterized by dank, floral, citrusy, slight sweet, and woody elements. There are aromas of pine resin, pink grapefruit rind, tangerine, mango, wildflowers, oats, light oak, crackery biscuit, and soft caramel/ toffee
- Taste: The taste of the It's Got Citra! India Pale Ale follows the nose with lots of citrusy, piney, earthy, and lightly malty flavors. There are notes of grapefruit, tangerine, orange zest, pine, mango, dried apricot, sweet biscuit, oats, and light caramel.
- Mouthfeel: Medium to full-bodied with good carbonation, the mouthfeel of the It's Got Citra! India Pale Ale is very crisp and bitter, yet smooth with a dry, slightly bitter finish.
Overall pairing: Epic's It's Got Citra! India Pale Ale is a punchy, hoppy, and flavorful ale... a good companion to the death metal intensity of Cannibal Corpse! Those piney and citrusy hop notes go great with the intricate guitar work and bass work, while the bitterness, and slightly boozy bite go great with the more aggressive passages and vocals!
Cheers and hails!!